Lots of scorpions but first sting.
- We get numerous scorpions in our bathroom every summer. Now, in January, we got one and it stung my toe. The first few hours I had stinging pain, burning, and swelling, but limited to my toe. I also had nausea. Today, the day after the sting, I have much less of those symptoms, but seasick nausea, shakiness, and chills that come and go, and have been all day. The burning and stinging had spread to a larger area of my foot, but as of right now it is very, very minimal. Took more benadryl and ibuprofen today, which helps. Feels like I have a vrius, but not quite, and the sting site feels like I just stepped on an irritating barb from a weed. I think mine was a mild reaction, thank goodness.
- —Guest Karyn
- I was stung by what i suspect to be an arizona bark scopion. 6 times. I had very serious symptoms such as roving eye movement and muscle twitching. It hurt. I was numb for 3 days. But im fine now.
- —Guest Edward
Stung a few years ago
- I was stung a couple years ago, on my toe. The pain was as bad as when I broke my ankle. It was absolutely terrible. The intense pain lasted for two days, and went the entire way up my leg. It took 3 weeks before all of the milder pain and tingling and numbness stopped. A few months later a friend of mine stepped on a scorpion and got stung. His pain was more localized to where he got stung and by the next day he was fine. I don't know why my reaction and pain lasted for so long!
- —Guest Megan
Was I stung? Not sure...
- About a week ago I was at Loittle America in Flagstaff and woke with a bite of some sort. just above my ankle. It hurt and itched. After a day or two, the area was full of puss, swollen and hurt. A week later there is no more swelling or puss but I keep getting a sense of numbness and achiness up my entire leg and down to my foot. I've been taking ibuprofen several times a day to numb the pain...when will it stop? [Comment from About.com Guide: No way to tell from your description what bit you, but if it is infected (pus is an indicator of that) you should see someone about it.]
- —Guest Arizonian for 18 years
- Was in belize. Stepped on a scorpion in my bathroom. Immediately put ice on my foot and took benadryl and tylenol for intense pain. My friend caed the pharmacist who said to what I had already done and to make a poltice of meat tenderizer and sprinkled it on a wet paper towel . Great remedy! apply. Back to normal in about 3 hours . Used seasoning that had msg in it, sprinkled out on a wet paper towel
- —Guest Susie
I cried like a sissy
- I was just about to start dreaming, when I felt something crawling on my hand. I thought it was a fly, so I slapped it on my pillow. And I felt a sting, but that shit hurt, and I would know it was the same spot as my bee sting. So I screemed in fear and confusion thinking of touching my hand, at this momemt my boyfriend was swatting my hand and pulling me off the bed, turned on the lights and tried lookinh for the bastard! I was rubbing it like he said , he got me milk his family believes it will help I guess . This is my first sting by a scorpion. It hurts like crazy , still does as I speak . The pain traveled from my hand to my (part between you elbow & shoulder) . It got swollen it still stings, and position of numbness hasnt changed. Ima kill these bastards tomorrow .
- —Guest Ariana
Nasty Stinging Pain - Phoenix
- Watching TV on couch last nite got up and felt strong stinging pain in my toe. Shook out my slipper and a large tan colored scorp appears. I killed him, washed the bite area with soap and water and took a benadryl pill. Pain continued for about 7 hours, now left with the tingling and numbness part. It spread from my toe to my entire foot. I've been told the numbness can last a few days.
- —Guest Bob
OUCH DIDN'T EXPECT THAT
- This morning at 1:30am I had fallen asleep with my jeans on and watching T.V.. I woke because I felt my right shin burning like crazy. I immediately thought either spider or scorpian and began slapping the leg. Bad idea... that critter stung me 3 more times in the same general area before I had sense enough to loose the pants and it. I had been told a scorpion sting was simular to a bee sting. HA I say to that!!!! I'm from the south and no bee ever felt as bad as this sucker does...even now, 10 hours later. It hurts/burns/tingles/is numb in areas ranging from my shins total area, up my inner leg to the crotch,(but not in the crotch area thank God) and my right arm on the outside is numb and tingling. Been in Phoenix for 8 years and have killed several dozen of these little bad asses, and now they got their revenge I suppose. Feels like it anyway. Doin' the cold compress and asprin thing for some temp relief. Have totally new respect for these bark scorps.
- —Guest monty
- Yesterday i was sitting on the floor as the kids decorated the christmas tree. I was leaning against the couch. That darn scorpion got me on my lower back. I grabbed it and threw it twards my arcadia door. It was an adault size bark scorpion. I called 911 and they said i dont have to go to the hospital. Poison control said to put ice packs and take pain med. They called me twice within 3 hours after i got stung. It feels like i was getting a tattoo done on my back. Phx Az has so much this year. Its the 5th one we have killed.
- —Guest christina
Lakeway Tennis center Scrpion bite.
- I picked up my tennis jacket which was on the ground after my match in Austin Texas carried that critter with me for a while till the jacket and scorpion found my arm. I immediately screamed something just bit me. My arm was burning and red and I could feel the burning sesation crawling up and down my are and to my hand. I rubbed it and put ice on it but could not see a bite mark. I didnt know what stung me but I knew it was not a bee as it feels much different. Its not a sting its a burning sensation up and down and does not go away for hours. I immediatly thought it must had been a spider. I asked the tennis resort if they had spider problems and she said No but sure do have scorpions. I then assumed it was a scorpion then i shook out my jacket that I was still carrying around and there it was still clinging on my jacket. I screamed shook him off and smashed him to pieces. Keeping ice on my arm really helped the burning sensation took benedryl had numbness in lips and tongue for days
- —Guest Rhonda Hatchett
i was stung by a scorpion
- I was working late because of the work i have which was much at the time. I was delivering a work to someone outside my office when i heard a sharp tingling in my toe. Instantly, instinctively, i knew i have been stung by a scorpion. I immediately tie my belt on my thighs and I started walking to the nearest hospital. I walked our 2kms before I saw an hospital with an antidote. All other were saying, thry have not seen or heard of a scorpion bite before let alone see one. It was not an easy experience for me.
- —Guest dave
Pretty sure that was a scorpion
- Was at my pc last night just surfing around, and reposition my right foot to instantly get a very sharp sting... i immediately got up and flicked all the lights on but couldnt find a scorpion.. i did have to remove one from my place just a few weeks ago... numbness of my toe, tingling on the top of my foot and up my shin, laid down after about an hour and lips started to tingle... had a rough time sleeping, even though i wasnt in a whole lot of pain. today the tingling is about the same.. maybe a little near the outside edges of my hands, and feel a little drugged
- —Guest Nigel
Stung by Scorpions 4 different times
- Im now 12 and i have been stung 4 different times since i moved to Arizona from New York the first time i was stung i was 11 and i was taking a shower when i felt a sharp pain on the bottom of my foot , i lifted what it was because i thought that maybe i stepped on a tack or glass . But then i looked on the floor and saw that it was an adult scorpion. I then hopped out of the bathroom on one foot yelling,screaming,and crying.the second third and forth time i was stung i was 12 and i sleeping and suddenly felt sharp pain all over and considering my past experience i automatically knew it was a scorpion,so i jumped out of bed and discovered three tiny baby scorpions and one adult. It was a whole family!It turns out i had been stung on both sides of the neck and my finger.Out of all of the times i have been stung i never went to the hospital or called poison control i handle it myself by using the internet and ice packs.After i was stung i hated them but now in a way , i respect them.
- —Guest Chakra
- I was at friends house. He tell me to get him some water. I go to kitchen to get water. but there is scorpion on counter. So i try swat it away. But scorpion sting. It very painful. Friend call doctor. But doctor say it no kill me.
- —Guest Pablo
Stung by a baby bark
- I was laying on my living room floor doing homework. I had shifted my weight and felt a sting in my elbow. I looked over and noticed a baby bark scorpion. I was in shock at that moment and immediately began looking up what to do. After it had stung me it just sat there and didn't move, so I thought it was dead. My roommate sprayed it and it began moving so I knew it was alive. It must've been playing dead or something. I called poison control and they told me what to do and what to expect. They also called me twice to check up on me. I experienced pain in my arm, numbness, numbness in my face, and some shortness of breath. I also spiked a fever of 99.2 but the poison control center the fever wasn't related..which is strange because I got it after I was stung. They told me I could be in pain for 24 hours but it's after 24 hours and my arm still hurts a lot. The pain radiates from my finger tips past my elbow. How long is this going to last for? It hurts to even use my arm.
- —Guest Stung1stTime