Fear Of Scorpions
- Weeks ago we were on the desert and here in the United Arab Emirates it's very rare to see a scorpion, I was standing while talking with my cousin until I felt something touching my feet, I immediately got away from the place, I thought it was a beetle or something similer but in the dark it was something black and big I wasn't sure what it was until I saw that thing above him where stings come from, I shouted and my dad got a wood and hit it, it hadent's stung me but it was huge and that affected me so much ..mentaly ,I still remember when I felt it crawling on my foot and I get a shiver. now I have phobia from scorpions. I wish I could just get over it but i can't!
- —Guest Row
Stung in bed
- 1:30 AM... Had my arm under my pillow when I felt a pain on my wrist. Rubbed it trying to feel for a scratch or bump then it dawned on me something may have bitten me. Woke the wife up as I was searching around my pillow. She looked under the sheets down by her knee... There was the scorpion that got me. It's been over an hour, no tingling or numbness, just some local swelling and burning at the sting sight.
- —Guest Michael
- I woke up in d middle of d nite as a result of an unusual pain on my finger, it tingles, while in d dark unsure of wat ensued, immediately i felt another sting on my right arm an quickly hit it off it turned to be a little thick shiny insect , i chewed onions but could not sleep, i still feel the tinglin like an electric shock on the spot its about 6 hours now. What do i do?
- —Guest Lizzy
Sitting on the floor.
- I was sitting on the floor and I felt a sharp pain, and looked over and saw that sucker running away. I panicked and ran in my dads room without killing it. He took me to the doctor just to be safe. I had insomnia for weeks in fear I was gonna get stung again.
- —Guest Ashley
STUNG ON PINKY
- I was stung on my pinky I felt burninig right away . then over the next few hours my arm went numb and tingly up to my bicep area. Its been a few hours now and it still hurts . i live in nevada
- —Guest GLENN
only a fool wont learn
- Thank you to all who posted. You made our minds up to stay put in San Diego. We want no part of these creepy crawlies. We will take our chances with our economy here instead of moving to Az.
- When at my sisters house in Arizona a good while back I encountered an Arizona scorpinan, which I captured and keep as a pet. I understand that they are supposed to be aggresive but the one I have is just the oppposite. Each night I take it out an it just sit on my chest and lets me stroke its back.Have been togeather for about 6 months, was only stung once very early, I think I got a one of a kind. need help determining sex .
- —Guest David
Lots of scorpions but first sting.
- We get numerous scorpions in our bathroom every summer. Now, in January, we got one and it stung my toe. The first few hours I had stinging pain, burning, and swelling, but limited to my toe. I also had nausea. Today, the day after the sting, I have much less of those symptoms, but seasick nausea, shakiness, and chills that come and go, and have been all day. The burning and stinging had spread to a larger area of my foot, but as of right now it is very, very minimal. Took more benadryl and ibuprofen today, which helps. Feels like I have a vrius, but not quite, and the sting site feels like I just stepped on an irritating barb from a weed. I think mine was a mild reaction, thank goodness.
- —Guest Karyn
- I was stung by what i suspect to be an arizona bark scopion. 6 times. I had very serious symptoms such as roving eye movement and muscle twitching. It hurt. I was numb for 3 days. But im fine now.
- —Guest Edward
Stung a few years ago
- I was stung a couple years ago, on my toe. The pain was as bad as when I broke my ankle. It was absolutely terrible. The intense pain lasted for two days, and went the entire way up my leg. It took 3 weeks before all of the milder pain and tingling and numbness stopped. A few months later a friend of mine stepped on a scorpion and got stung. His pain was more localized to where he got stung and by the next day he was fine. I don't know why my reaction and pain lasted for so long!
- —Guest Megan
Was I stung? Not sure...
- About a week ago I was at Loittle America in Flagstaff and woke with a bite of some sort. just above my ankle. It hurt and itched. After a day or two, the area was full of puss, swollen and hurt. A week later there is no more swelling or puss but I keep getting a sense of numbness and achiness up my entire leg and down to my foot. I've been taking ibuprofen several times a day to numb the pain...when will it stop? [Comment from About.com Guide: No way to tell from your description what bit you, but if it is infected (pus is an indicator of that) you should see someone about it.]
- —Guest Arizonian for 18 years
- Was in belize. Stepped on a scorpion in my bathroom. Immediately put ice on my foot and took benadryl and tylenol for intense pain. My friend caed the pharmacist who said to what I had already done and to make a poltice of meat tenderizer and sprinkled it on a wet paper towel . Great remedy! apply. Back to normal in about 3 hours . Used seasoning that had msg in it, sprinkled out on a wet paper towel
- —Guest Susie
I cried like a sissy
- I was just about to start dreaming, when I felt something crawling on my hand. I thought it was a fly, so I slapped it on my pillow. And I felt a sting, but that shit hurt, and I would know it was the same spot as my bee sting. So I screemed in fear and confusion thinking of touching my hand, at this momemt my boyfriend was swatting my hand and pulling me off the bed, turned on the lights and tried lookinh for the bastard! I was rubbing it like he said , he got me milk his family believes it will help I guess . This is my first sting by a scorpion. It hurts like crazy , still does as I speak . The pain traveled from my hand to my (part between you elbow & shoulder) . It got swollen it still stings, and position of numbness hasnt changed. Ima kill these bastards tomorrow .
- —Guest Ariana
Nasty Stinging Pain - Phoenix
- Watching TV on couch last nite got up and felt strong stinging pain in my toe. Shook out my slipper and a large tan colored scorp appears. I killed him, washed the bite area with soap and water and took a benadryl pill. Pain continued for about 7 hours, now left with the tingling and numbness part. It spread from my toe to my entire foot. I've been told the numbness can last a few days.
- —Guest Bob
OUCH DIDN'T EXPECT THAT
- This morning at 1:30am I had fallen asleep with my jeans on and watching T.V.. I woke because I felt my right shin burning like crazy. I immediately thought either spider or scorpian and began slapping the leg. Bad idea... that critter stung me 3 more times in the same general area before I had sense enough to loose the pants and it. I had been told a scorpion sting was simular to a bee sting. HA I say to that!!!! I'm from the south and no bee ever felt as bad as this sucker does...even now, 10 hours later. It hurts/burns/tingles/is numb in areas ranging from my shins total area, up my inner leg to the crotch,(but not in the crotch area thank God) and my right arm on the outside is numb and tingling. Been in Phoenix for 8 years and have killed several dozen of these little bad asses, and now they got their revenge I suppose. Feels like it anyway. Doin' the cold compress and asprin thing for some temp relief. Have totally new respect for these bark scorps.
- —Guest monty