- Just bit as a was laying in bed called banner they said wash with water and soap, put cool rag on area and should be fine. The will call me back in about 1 hour. I'm afraid to lay in my own bed now. But they said it should be fine. It has been raining so I read that they get more active. Calling pest control now.
- —Guest Zavi
Went Marine Corps on it
- Sucker was on my beige trousers when getting dressed @6:45 am - got me right in the lifeline on the palm. Starting screaming at the thing - when I get shoes on you are dead! Several hours later when I still couldn't use my left hand I wished I hadn't stomped the crap out of it p- I should have stabbed it once for every shooting pain! 12 hours later left hand was still numb to about mid lower arm. 31 hrs later only the sting site and index and middle finger still numb and hurt to touch. Will kill any scorpion I see on site and have started reconning with a black light at night!
- —Guest Dee
27 yrs and first bite...in bed
- Slid my ARM under my pillow like every other night when suddenly I felt something Sharp...thought it was a cactus needle or something...cannot find the actual sting point but definitely feel the area lol.. was a very small (but I've seen smaller) scorpion, washed it and put some frozen veg on it but is now throbbing...still feels like cactus in my arm LOL
- —Guest Ferg
- This is the 2nd time bitten and it hurts like a mother. Feels like i was cut with a knife to the bone. 1st time put my pants on last summer & got stungs 2X's mild pain. A year later on my thumb & ouch! I think it gave me a full dose. Feels like someone trying to skim the flesh of my thumb off. Cant wait for pain to go away!
- —Guest Jim
First sting everrrr
- Just got out of the shower and about to get dressed with a i feel a huge pinch on the side of my left foot! i look down by my chair and there's a scorpion running away from me! i keep getting random shocks of pain, but it's still numb. Didn't hurt as bad as everyone portrays it to.
- —Guest Jessica
- Stung 5:30 AM like a pin prick. Felt burning sensation. Washed my toe and poured hydrogen peroxide over it. I made a past out of baking soda which I gobbed on my big toe. It felt better instantly It started to feel prickly. I called poison control who told me what to expect and to keep my foot elevated and take a pain pill which I did. Within 1 ½ hours the pain from the sting site was shooting into my foot. Very painful but random so it wasn’t bad, but it makes me jump. Now most of foot feels tingly, prickly, burns when I touch it. After 2 ½ hours there are random foot or leg twitches. After 4 hours pain level is a 7. By 6 hours I suddenly notice the pain and numbness in my other toes is almost gone. Above the ankle it is becoming less prickly, its just numb now. By 12 hours my foot is so much better, shooting pains have greatly diminished and I can touch my foot again, just not my big toe. I am going to bed now, what a day. I will not try killing a scorpion i
- —Guest sherry
Not too bad
- I got stung in bed while I was sleeping the night before last. Other than some mild swelling at the sting sites (the little bugger got me twice!) and a little tenderness directly at the sites, it wasn't too bad. I've had paper cuts that were worse. I didn't experience any of the other symptoms; guess I was lucky! I just put a cold pack on for about 30 mins and by the time I got up for the day, it was just 2 little red dots. My left knee and ankle were stiff yesterday, but I think that just means I'm old since I got stung in the armpit.
- —Guest Mandy
Stung last night between toes
- Was in the garage taking something out of the cabinets. I felt something like a red hot poker being stuck right between my toes... I am from AZ and have seen scorpions, just never got hit.. The burning traveled up and down my toes.. called poison control just because I wasn't sure what to do.. They said, cold compress.. not ice.. the venom affects the nerves so ice isn't a good idea, take a painkiller.. The pain lasted a few hours and then just the numbness.. lips, tongue, back of neck and foot..it's been about 12 hours and still feeling that. Poison control said the pain, numbness can travel anywhere in the body.. At least I know what that's all about now...
- —Guest ouch!
Stung AGAIN in bed!
- Second time this year I've been stung in the left arm while in bed. Last time I was asleep and didn't wake up (destroyed it in my sleep and found it in the morning), but my forearm was in moderate pain and was stiff for about 8 hours. Last night, 11 hrs ago, was stung in tricep, and the pain is intense and sharp still. No swelling or other symptoms, other than regret for not having the scorpion guy out in 4 months...
- —Guest Jim Slade
is that bread?
- I saw what I thought was a piece of bread so I tried to pick it up but no it was a scorpion and I got stung.
- —Guest josh
- I dont kno wat to do. I was told by my neighbor tht we have scorpions, and that shes found some in her house. Im absolutley terrified of all bugs even crickets! So im not quite sure of what to do. Im really freaked out I need to know how to get rid of them Asap bcuz my niece and nephew are always there. :(
- —Guest Domo
- Scorpion Sting: Stung 5:30 AM like a pin prick. I felt a burning sensation but could not find a point of entry. I washed my toe and poured hydrogen peroxide over it. I made a past out of baking soda which I gobbed on all over my big toe. It felt better instantly Within 10 minutes my big toe was tingling and started to feel prickly. I called poison control center who told me what to expect and to keep my foot elevated and take a pain pill which I did. Within 1 ½ hours the pain from the sting site was shooting into my foot. Very quick and painful but random and not close together, so it wasn’t to bad. Now most of foot felt tingly and prickly. When I touch it, it hurts like a burning pain. I rinse my toe and pack on more baking soda past on it. The entrance site feels large and swollen however you can see no swelling or redness of the skin. After 2 ½ hours there are random foot or leg twitches. Shooting pains go threw my foot which makes me jump. They hurt intensely
- —Guest sherry
- When I was in 4th grade right before Field day I got stung by a small Texas scorpion, on my thigh when I was putting on my pants! & I was so scared because I had never been stung by anything! & then lucky me felt like sleeping on the couch in the living room cuz my room is rlly hot! So I grabbed my pillows and my cover from the ground and went and layed down on the couch and I felt a leaf on the inside right by my chest so I went to grab it and throw it out and the little hoe stung my thumb and I jumped up and it hurt real bad ughh I went back to my bed and I can't sleep I think they're all over !!!:(
- —Guest Ashbug
- i was just walking in my back garden and boom! all i remember is being in hospital but my wife told me i had stepped on a scorpion. i was knocked out, apparently my wife started hitting the scorpion with a slipper lol
- —Guest Jim Lawthorns
I got stung in the neck
- I put on my motorcycle helmet and started on my ride. About 5 mins into it I felt a hot burn on the left side of my neck. I reached up to grab what was there and when I looked on my glove there was a scorpion. I threw him to the wind. I rode to my PCP and showed them the doc saw me and said he stung me right in the vugular. Nice right. So he had me wait about 20min. I felt hot and had nausea but it passed. Now I keep 3 of them LOL.
- —Guest Josh