Stung In Vegas
- yesterday I was unloading a dresser that I got from my rental house from my trailer when I felt a poke. It felt like I put the tip of my middle finger on a nail and it went into my skin. Then I saw a bark scorpion. It felt a little worse then a wasp sting. The pain was bad for a few minutes then I took a pain killer and it helped some. At first it was just pain. then it took about a hour to start feeling a little dizzy. I also had pains and numbness up my arm After about 8 hours the skin on the top of my arm was extremely sensative and my hand was still partially knumb. Now it is almost 24 hours later and just the finger that was stung is halfway knumb and hurts to the touch. kinda like a pins and needles feeling. Was thinking that maybe I should have gone to the doctor but thanks to the internet it looks like my symptoms are common for a non emergency Bark Scorpion sting. The Scorpion did recieve a death sentence for stinging me with immediate inforcement
- —Guest Danny
have been stung 5 different times
- thank God their not poisonious here in N.M. but damn it hurts like fire running through you. They have gotten me in bed every time i am clean its just that i have been stung three times the first time and twice the second time. I love my bed but it sure makes it hard to feel safe there. Am spring cleaning today!!!!!!
- —Guest the one they love
Son stung on leg
- My 20 yo son was just stung, in his bed. Stung him just below his left knee. We washed the sting with soap and water and then put an ice compress on it. Still hurting alot but no other problems so far.
- —Guest Animal
- I was stung this weekend by a little might of a guy, a light brown scorpion with a small 1/2" diameter body. Lifted a garbage bag to get stung in the tip of my finger next to my pinky. It burned, and at first I thought I had been stung by a wasp, but upon dropping the garbage bag, I knocked this tyke to the ground and he screwed post haste under a tent. The tip of my finger is still numb, now 3 days later, altho better. I should have been more careful I guess, because I'm extremely allergic to bee/wasp stings and had no idea how I would respond to this bastard's sting. Turned out I was fine, but the numbness continued down my finger to the joint. All in all, after washing every last piece of laundry when I got home, dirty cloths were all washed with a dose of bleach.
- —Guest Don
Woke me up
- Woke up this morning with my wrist just killing me. Thought I really slept on it wrong, couldn't get comfortable, had intense pain. Got up and took some advil, but it really didn't help at all. Felt like someone wacked it with a sledge hammer. We see scorpions all the time here in AZ, my son uses the black light to find them, cats play with them and kill them. But I guess I was finally stung. Checked my bed later in the day when I thought of it, but didn't find him. I'll be checking my bed and room with the black light tonight...don't want a repeat of that. Hurts pretty bad still after 8hrs.
- —Guest Sue
2 y/o daughter was stung
- My daughter stepped on a scorpion and was stung--it was horrible. The affects started right around 20 mins after she was bit. She complained about her stomach hurting at first then she started foaming at her mouth and then her body started twitching. We rushed to the ER and she started having eye rolls and she was really twisting and moving (maybe convulsing) and they just gave her antihistamines and pain medicine and after 2.5 days in the hospital she was playing around like nothing happened. This was the scariest time of our lives.
Stung last night
- I got stung last night by a bark scorpion on the left side of my foot, just standing in my kitchen. My house is infested with the little bastards so I'm not suprised (AZ). The house is only 5 years old and my previous houses never had this problem. He was a big sucker, about 2 inches. Immediately I had some pain and a tingly sensation like when your foot's asleep that slowly spread around my left foot and about half way up the knee. It is the next morning now and still have this tingly sensation. Weird sensation, hope it goes away soon. Otherwise I am feeling fine.
- —Guest James
- Just bit as a was laying in bed called banner they said wash with water and soap, put cool rag on area and should be fine. The will call me back in about 1 hour. I'm afraid to lay in my own bed now. But they said it should be fine. It has been raining so I read that they get more active. Calling pest control now.
- —Guest Zavi
Went Marine Corps on it
- Sucker was on my beige trousers when getting dressed @6:45 am - got me right in the lifeline on the palm. Starting screaming at the thing - when I get shoes on you are dead! Several hours later when I still couldn't use my left hand I wished I hadn't stomped the crap out of it p- I should have stabbed it once for every shooting pain! 12 hours later left hand was still numb to about mid lower arm. 31 hrs later only the sting site and index and middle finger still numb and hurt to touch. Will kill any scorpion I see on site and have started reconning with a black light at night!
- —Guest Dee
27 yrs and first bite...in bed
- Slid my ARM under my pillow like every other night when suddenly I felt something Sharp...thought it was a cactus needle or something...cannot find the actual sting point but definitely feel the area lol.. was a very small (but I've seen smaller) scorpion, washed it and put some frozen veg on it but is now throbbing...still feels like cactus in my arm LOL
- —Guest Ferg
- This is the 2nd time bitten and it hurts like a mother. Feels like i was cut with a knife to the bone. 1st time put my pants on last summer & got stungs 2X's mild pain. A year later on my thumb & ouch! I think it gave me a full dose. Feels like someone trying to skim the flesh of my thumb off. Cant wait for pain to go away!
- —Guest Jim
First sting everrrr
- Just got out of the shower and about to get dressed with a i feel a huge pinch on the side of my left foot! i look down by my chair and there's a scorpion running away from me! i keep getting random shocks of pain, but it's still numb. Didn't hurt as bad as everyone portrays it to.
- —Guest Jessica
- Stung 5:30 AM like a pin prick. Felt burning sensation. Washed my toe and poured hydrogen peroxide over it. I made a past out of baking soda which I gobbed on my big toe. It felt better instantly It started to feel prickly. I called poison control who told me what to expect and to keep my foot elevated and take a pain pill which I did. Within 1 ½ hours the pain from the sting site was shooting into my foot. Very painful but random so it wasn’t bad, but it makes me jump. Now most of foot feels tingly, prickly, burns when I touch it. After 2 ½ hours there are random foot or leg twitches. After 4 hours pain level is a 7. By 6 hours I suddenly notice the pain and numbness in my other toes is almost gone. Above the ankle it is becoming less prickly, its just numb now. By 12 hours my foot is so much better, shooting pains have greatly diminished and I can touch my foot again, just not my big toe. I am going to bed now, what a day. I will not try killing a scorpion i
- —Guest sherry
Not too bad
- I got stung in bed while I was sleeping the night before last. Other than some mild swelling at the sting sites (the little bugger got me twice!) and a little tenderness directly at the sites, it wasn't too bad. I've had paper cuts that were worse. I didn't experience any of the other symptoms; guess I was lucky! I just put a cold pack on for about 30 mins and by the time I got up for the day, it was just 2 little red dots. My left knee and ankle were stiff yesterday, but I think that just means I'm old since I got stung in the armpit.
- —Guest Mandy
Stung last night between toes
- Was in the garage taking something out of the cabinets. I felt something like a red hot poker being stuck right between my toes... I am from AZ and have seen scorpions, just never got hit.. The burning traveled up and down my toes.. called poison control just because I wasn't sure what to do.. They said, cold compress.. not ice.. the venom affects the nerves so ice isn't a good idea, take a painkiller.. The pain lasted a few hours and then just the numbness.. lips, tongue, back of neck and foot..it's been about 12 hours and still feeling that. Poison control said the pain, numbness can travel anywhere in the body.. At least I know what that's all about now...
- —Guest ouch!