- OH MY GOSH! When you are stung, you got stung every second again for 2 hours! THEN things start going NUMB! It is 7 hours later, and it is still stinging! HORRIBLE!!!!!!!
- —Guest Gold canyon, az
Woke me up!!!
- I was asleep, and I felt this extreme pain, which woke me up. My hand was peacefully resting on a pillow. I knew right away what it was even though it was dark in my room. I immediately shook my hand, and right away started feeling this intense pain in my left index finger. It feels like a jelly fish sting if anyone knows what that feels like (stung in the face in '86). First, there's pain! Second, my entire finger went numb. Third, my finger started to swell up. Fourth, a single muscle in my arm went numb. Now this pain is extreme even though its numb and all this happened in a matter of minutes. The pain was radiating, like a firecracker was going off in my finger. Anyway, its two days later and the side of my finger is still numb and the injection site still hurts when touched. I couldn't find the bark scorpion that I shook off and I am still looking for it. I normally squish the scorpions with a shoe that I am wearing 24/7, so they are very easy to kill.
- Felt something on my back a reached to remove it, that's when the sting on my right middle firger happened. Hurt real bad. That was 3 hours ago. Now the pain is still there and arm is getting numb up to my elbow. My whole hand hurts. Ouch
- —Guest Mike
On my towel?!
- We have a trailer at Lake Mead and in over 20 years I've only seen a scorpion in the house once, many years ago. I was getting ready for bed and reached for a hand towel and felt a sharp stab/burning to my index finger. I took the towel from the rack and turned it around and there was the little monster hanging from the towel! Pain, no swelling or redness, and numb and tingling in the morning that diminished as the day went on.
- —Guest G.C.
Ammonia took the stink away a bit
- My 12 year old son stepped on a scorpion in the family room this evening (Las Vegas). The pain was intense. His uncle was stung a few months ago and said the pain was extremely intense. Several days later a nurse told the uncle that ammonia would have helped stop the pain, so I grabbed a bottle of windex and as soon as I squirted it on the sting area my son felt better. We gave him a tylenol, are keeping his foot iced and elevated above heart for the rest of the night.
- —Guest Mom
Now, 4 days later....
- Picked up a cardboard box on Monday 6/13/11 and put my hand right on a bark scorpion! The sting felt like a knife slice to my right pinky finger. Immediately the finger began tingling and a throbbing pain started shooting up my arm. I scooped up the scorpion and flushed him down the toilet. Called Poison Control & they advised a cool compress & Tylenol. For 1st 24 hours the pain, numbness, and throbbing extended from finger to elbow. The cool compress really helped. The neurotoxin made the nerves in my finger & arm feel like they were on fire. Now it' Friday 6/17, and all the pain is gone and only the finger is still numb. Poison Control said the numbness can last for several days. I guess the severity of the sting depends on several factors: How much venom the scorpion was able to inject into you before you flung him off, and how sensitive you are to scorpion stings.
- —Guest Now, 4 days later....
Damn they hurt
- Was trying to get back to sleep then wham the little shit got me. now I have some from frozen pork chops on my calf. alternating between ice pack and pork chops. It's a weird sensation going up my leg, Have had a lot of stings in my life but this sucks. Going to wait it out and see if a more severe reaction occurs then I will go to neighbors who have epi pen. Scorpions I let you be and respected you now it's on so watch your back because this scorpion is done playing around
- —Guest Wham it got me
Man that hurts!
- I was sound asleep in bed last night and around 3:00 am I felt like something bit my foot. PAIN ! Then it bit me in the left thight. More PAIN ! In a matter of seconds I realized I was under attack and jumped out of bed to figure out that a scorpion had gotten into my bed. Don't know how or where it came from but HOLY S#@T that hurt. Nearly 15 hours later I'm still numb in my left leg. Immediately got online and read the responses here to find while very painful I apparently had nothing to worry about other than a day or so of pain. Feels like my leg went to sleep and just can't shake it. Hope this never happens to you.
- —Guest Bedtime horror story!
- I was in my daughters room getting books for them when I felt sharp sting on my foot...ow!!!!! what the f was that?!! fling my foot and there the jerk was, crawling away. My foot hurts A LOT! Spasms of pain shoot up my leg and when hit with water int he shower, ouch!! It does hurt so not gonna say it doesn't nor will I say not to take something to help. Sitting at work in agony right now but lovely meds and wine await me at home...lets see how the rest of my day unfolds.
- —Guest Mother effer!
- I woke up to a scorpion bite on my back, flung back the covers and he got my left thumb too. Excrutiating pain on both my back and thumb. Its been two hours with ice and pain reliever and I am still in a lot of pain. Mostly, like when your foot goes to sleep really bad and then you try to wake it up and it feels like pin and needles are sticking you, well this feels like that, only constant, you can't wake it up and theres pain on top of it too, kind of like an aching feeling. I don't recommend it. Not fun!
- —Guest linda
AZ Bark Sting
- I was stung on my left hand, 4th finger above my wedding band while moving a shirt that was hanging up in the garage. Hour 1: tingling up my left arm to armpit. Went to urgent care and they gave me a prescription for Vicodine. Hour 2: waiting at pharmacy and my teeth started to tingle (like Novicane), toes started to tingle and then I got a lump in my throat. Back to urgent care and they gave me Epinephrine. Ears started to tingle, right arm agreed to tingle and the Epi kicked in making me feel very intoxicated. Hour 3: Urgent Care send me to ER for follow up since lump in throat would not subside (I felt my breathing was fine). ER doc gives me a lot of background info and explains that I just needed to expect pain for a few days. Day 2 left arm num (completely), tingling ears, right hand and toes. Day 3: left arm tingling and afflicted finger num to lunch and by end of day just a num finger but the tip is starting to turn bright red (like infection) with no external wound.
- —Guest AZ Bark scorpion sting
The WORST pain ever Bar(k) none
- Husband was pruning back shrubs next to the porch, must have scared scorpion, saw him running in my direction & wasn't able to warn me in time. I never saw it, just felt intense sting to inside arch of foot. Called Hospital & Urgent Care & both acted like no big deal, that was at noon. After spending the rest of the day & ALL night in the worst PAIN ever, (literally crying & screaming) even with pain RX from a shoulder surgery, I couldn't go for more than 90 mins w/o taking another dose. We were told cold compress..ha! I couldn't tolerate the intense pain w/o constant ice to site. By 3pm the next day my husband called Poision Control & they suggested we go to the nearest hospital. At the hospital same story..."You're here for a scorpion sting?" like I was faking the excruciating pain. Reluctantly I was given an injection for pain & a tetnaus shot. Pain, numbness cont'd for another day, xcept for nausea & feeling tired I'm OK. I think AZ health care should b more COMPASSIONATE !
- —Guest guestsuzie
- I something on the floor went to pick it up and, since the carpet in my house is a tan kinda color it blended in i dont know what kind of scorpion it was but now im scared to go down that hallway or have my feet on the floor haha. I didnt sleep much last night the ring finger on my right hand was tingling it felt like something was crawling under my skin. The pain went up to my elbow for a little while but it pretty much gone now. Now the next day its numb and it feels as if that finger isnt even there. I still feel a little bit of pain every now and then but hopefully its gonesoon, and the swelling will go down. Its also really hard to type with that finger
- —Guest Cheeziswin
Stung multiple times
- Was stung while sleeping. Burning, needles, pins and needles t/o body. Numbness, esp my left arm. Its been approx. 16 hrs and my left arm is still numb. Felt feverish today. Er told me they do nothing for scorpion bites . Called another hospital in next major city and they told me benadryl and aspirin. This is not a bee sting. I never had a bee leave venom in me. Was told by a friend today to treat w/aloe vera and black salve? am i too late. do i have to live w/this stuff in my body. Scary experience.
- —Guest Angela
It really hurts!
- my last night in TX visiting my brother and sister in law, we were all jamming out playing rock band when I felt something crawling on my neck. I put my hand up on the back of my neck to brush it away, expecting it to be a spider or something, and felt an immense pain. I flung my hand and what was on my neck, and ran. Everyone else rushed over and said well you said you wanted to see a scorpion. Then we all looked at each other like what do we do. The site hurt for hours and now my right hand in sore and the finger thst was stung is tingling. I do not want to see a rattle snake anymore, and I am ready to go back to Chicago.
- —Guest Midwesterner