Ouch in the night
- Stung 4 times in bed called poison said elevate and clean,fridge temp ice packs. 3:45 am stung,6am both foot numb, 7am left fingers tingly, and knee caps sore,730 right hand, and tongue back of throat tingly,hard to walk with numb legs. Still poison said this is normal. legs. 1130am numbness subsided, but its 630pm and all sting areas are very painful. I almost drank the scorpion in the glass my boyfriend put it in as he left it on the counter and I just grabbed the first glass I saw to put water in it for my benydryl. He was yelling the scorpion the scorpion and Im holding the glass and looking at my feet like there was another one there!! I have a new respect for the buggers.
- —Guest Karen
stung out my damn sleep
- i was in the bed had to be an hour ago now wen i felt something on my leg, i decided i was hungry and wen i got up i felt a POKE! i look down on the bed and see a scorpion crwling away. the pain was so horrible and i could bearly walk at firts i cought him in a glad bowl with a top on it and drowned him with water......? should i go to the hospital...caaauuussee idk?
- —Guest frizzle leonidas
Stepped on one
- Stepped on a bark scorpion, and thought I had stepped on broken glass or cactus thorns or something. It was a stinging sensation I hadn't felt before, and I didn't even realize that i had stepped on a scorpion (it blended in with the tile) until my parents saw it running across the floor. It's been hurting for a couple of days now, can feel everything but the front of my foot.
- —Guest GuestGuest
- no cases reported of allergic to venom? I beg to differ, since I was allergic. I couldn't get to hospital within an hour to get antivenom, so my eyes started shaking, i went numb, and got hot\cold really really easily. When i finally got to hostpital they couldnt give it to me too much time had passed, and said i was allergic to bark scorpions venom. So. [From the About.com Phoenix Guide: What my article says is that some people may be allergic. There are no reported fatalities of a specific type from those reactions. I address more severe symptoms here - http://phoenix.about.com/od/scorpions/qt/scorpionsting.htm]
- —Guest john
Foot sting brings on tingling lips
- I was frightened with the advanced tingling in my lips so I placed the call to poison control and I spoke to a "Scorpion Specialist". (Very cool title, BTW) I am glad I called poison control as they reassured me that I did not have to go to the ER. No sir, I don't have $$$$ to shell out for observation. Now based on all I have read, I am expecting a long night of no sleep. There are frequent spasms in the foot and constant, horrible pain. Like the game of "CLUE"... Husband did it in the diningroom with a flip flop. The scorpion is no more.
- —Guest Sooz
stung in the arm
- i was stung in the right arm by a scorpion, my it felt like a nail being driven into my skin. I immediately grabbed my arm and squeezed my arm i ran water on it and took some benadryl, i then elevated my arm and put ice on it, it has an annoying tingle an feels a little numb around the surrounding area. it really feels funny
- —Guest gmack2552
- i was stung about an hout ago. The immediate burn was like being poked with a lit cigarette. Now I am expierencing tingling and numbing in my hand. There was not much swelling. It is now just anoying.
- —Guest laura daniels
one scorpion sting me
- its very dangerious , its very painfull the sting area is feel like burning.
- —Guest susanta kumarsethi
- I am worried I will get stung cos im a worrier but they dont have scorpians in england right?
- —Guest Cattie
- my 5 year old brother nathan picked up a rock and saw a scorpion! 5 years old man!
- —Guest diego
- i was stung by a scorpion hoping the pain will drive me crazy just has people use to narrate, but to my surprise i only feel little swell and some pain and withnout taking any form of pain relive am just fine like never b4 how come?
- —Guest templeman
- I got stung for the 3rd time it AM on the outside palm of my rt hand. Am feeling pain up my are and my nose is slighty numb. My right little finger is uncontrolable. I thouhgt the pain etc. got less with each sting. Guess not.
- —Guest bobbi
OMG, this hurt!!
- I was trying to kill scorpion and it stung me on finger tip. I fell off chair i was on and screamed. ran water over it.....burning pain that just kept getting more intense. crying shaking, could barely speak to poison control. pain eventually went from 10 to 8. woke this a.m. and only numbness left. also throat went numb couple of hrs after stung. poison control said not to worry about throat...breathing fine. brother laughed and acted like i must be a wimp. wonder why some people experience little pain and others so much. wouldn't wish this on anyone. T
- —Guest theresa lobenstein
Bottom of my foot
- I tried all the post remidies and then went to my own idea. Viniger in a buckett and soak for 10 min. Stop the throbing and pain very fast. Also use pain killer but Vinger seemed to do the trick.
- —Guest Robert
30 yrs in AZ, first sting
- Just happened. Out back, picked up bricks on patio, got me on right middle finger and ran away. It was gold and about 2 inches long. I pinched the sting, held it up, started tingling after a minute. Took tylenol, applied cortezol liquid, then ice. Tingling not spreading more than an inch radius. Texting this with same hand. A bit anticlimactic...so far. Been about 20 mins so far. Wish me luck.
- —Guest clint