Scorpion Sting in the Butt!
- I was staying in west Peoria and had just woken up, put my shorts on and pow, zing! Incredible searing pain on my butt! I threw my shorts off and saw the little sucker make a run for it. Well, I got him - but I guess he got me first!!! The pain was intense. About 5-10 minutes of excruciating pain, like what a lit cigarette would feel like. My aunt had been stung in the foot before and she told me to get in the pool and that helped a lot. Took some benedryl too. My butt was tingly and numb for a few hours and then it was over with. No swelling at all, which is amazing considering the level of initial pain. I guess I was lucky considering he could have stung me anywhere in that region!?!
- —Guest Jason
Treatment for Scorpine sting
- Rinse the part stung by scorpion in tolerable hot water and keep changing the hot water, when the heat reduced. The pain will reduce considerably in 10 to 15 minutes, though slight burning may persist for more than 12 hours.Anti inflammatory and antihistamine drugs may also help in alleviating the pain and severity of the poison..
- —Guest V.B.Swamy
@# $* *#!!!
- got bit for the second time in my life about an hour ago. The first one was the worst pain I have ever felt it seems but after about 15 hours the pain was gone, constant ice press took care of most of the pain. Hard time sleeping from the pain. The bite I just encountered was a bit different. First off I felt it and saw it at the same time while checking my water meter. 'OH CRAP' damn it, did not make the time for this today, hurt hurt hurt running in the house to try bleach to see if it would pull some of the poison out like it will a bee sting. Does not work at all. Darn!!! Got ice, sighhhh. Then my mouth got a weird taste and my lips and tongue started tingling and got numb. That worried me so I called poison control, they said nothing to worry about unless tongue starts swelling. It hasn't. So I am busying myself doing my chores and not thinking about it, not that it does not hurt pretty darn bad but taking my mind off of it has helped a lot. Watch out for them they will get ya!!!
- —Guest barb
Bark Scorpion Sting
- I was stung by a bark scorpion and it was one of the most painful experiences of my life. There was an immediate hot burning pain and it started in my finger (I reached for a halter and he was on it) and by the time I got back into my home, the pain had traveled halfway up my arm. It continued to travel all the way up my arm and down my left chest and side. The pain lasted an incredible 22 hours and subsided the same way it came, back up my chest and back down my arm to my finger. The pain was something that I never want to experience again. Nothing helped alleviate the pain at all. Thank you.
- —Guest Sharon
Bark Scorpion Bite Hurts like H_LL
- Reached into my China Hutch to rearrange some platters, thought I'd caught a splinter than the searing hot fire flamed through my arm. He got me on my right wrist. I ran for the telephone and ice. The pain was so intense and HOT I thought I would pass out. Went to the Rx and was sent to the QuickCare. 3 shots and 4 prescriptions later...darvacet helped a little. Ice was the only thing that helped but when removed holy cow the searing flame started again. My little finger had spasms. Now my skin feels numb to the touch. Its been 24 hours and the pain is tolerable. The more I try and use my right hand, the more it hurts. Typing is painful, seems to awaken the fire in my wrist. Of course the darvacet is wearing off. I don't recommend this.
- —Guest Cathy
- near bastop texas, i was stung in bed. it was a burning followed by tingling. can not shake the fact he was in bed with me. it has not neen that long since the sting, but i think any bite will be helped by benadryl the liquid.
- —Guest mary
My Baby(ok he's 13)just got bit!
- Sep. 17,2009(11:30p)My 13yr old got bit by about an inch long one, 3x's just 15min ago. 2x's left leg & 1x left index finger. ouch! He was a sleep and felt the 1st sting & got up because he said it felt like a bee bit him,then he felt it agian on his leg,then rolled over to swat it & when he did that he said it stung him on his finger. He turned on the light and seen that it was a scorpion then and came to the room to tell me. When we went in the hall...there it was walking out of his room! Called the proper authorities & also got info on here what 2do. Luckly he's going to be okay....just a little sore and numb now,his only concern is if he has to go to school in the morning. Funny, when you hear,"Mama...I just got bit by a scorpion.", how fast you jump out of deep sleep and are on your toes! haha. Not to mention how quick you go on a hunt to hunt down the critter who has harmed one of your babies and smash it with a broom handle and an extra smash for even bitting your child.
- —Guest Mommy of Tempe
- I live in Gilbert and our house and yard as are our neighbors are literally infested with scorpions. Since the beginning of last summer we have killed almost 300. About 30 in the house and the rest in the yard by blacklighting at night. My wife has been stung once on the forearm while she slept. It was about the same as a bee sting. I have been stung 6 times just this year alone. Each sting has been a little different with the worst being about like a bee sting. Numbing needle pain, muscle twitching and ache usually lasting for 4 hours to 24 hours. Neighbors have monthly pest control and they still have as many as we do. One neighbor claims to have been stung near 100 times. So far the stings have been more uncomfortable than anything else. Most of my stings were about half as bad as a typical bee sting. These disgusting little creatures are more creepy than dangerous. I've also had 6 or 7 crawl across an arm or foot and was able to brush them off without them stinging me.
- I sat on the couch and a minute later got stung on the finger, it was the worst pain ever like pins and needles it started on the finger and hand and arms, but soon spread throughout different parts of my body which was tingling burning pain. I called the er they said ice and tylenol, which I did with no effects the next morning I called my doc and he prescribed some vicodin which I took for a few days till the pain subsided. Now about a year later I have the same type of pain off and on all over my body, they say it's fibromyalgia but I say its afteraffects of the scorpion sting that has affected my nervous system somehow, has anyone else had this experience?
- —Guest eles
Stung 3x sleeping on the couch
- I fell asleep watching TV on the couch and woke up with pain on my thumb and forehead. Thought it might be a spider bite as it was not very painful. Looked all over the couch with my blacklight flashlight (because I know we have scorpions here) and couldnt find anything. Ended up falling asleep and felt a sting again on the wrist of the other handwhen I woke up at 7am. Looked again and found a small scorpion, barely moving, about an inch long. It's almost 8am now and I barely feel the sting on my forehead anymore. The sting on my right thumb from earlier is real numb all along the length of my thumb but no pain. The recent sting on my left wrist still hurts (a little, not a lot) and I can feel the numbness start to kick in. Kind of pleased at how little it hurts as I have always worried about a scorpion sting given the number of these little guys roaming around where I live.
- —Guest Paul in Tempe
- I got stung on the bottom of my foot about 9 hours ago and the pain is still excruciating. I applied an ice pack and took a Benedryl immediately but no relief. Did not sleep all night because of the pain. I have been stung before but this time was incredibly bad. It took us a while, but we finally located the scorpion and sent it to an early grave. The ice really helps a lot ... but the minute I remove it, the pain returns.
- —Guest Doris Faye
- I was stung about a hour ago on the bottom of my foot from what looked like a bark scorpion. It was about 3 inches long so I think it was an adult and probably just gave me a tap. I noticed something that looked like light brown tannish yarn or something of the like on the floor about a hour before that in the same spot and didn't think much of it. I went to go lay down on my couch and watch tv when bam I got stung on the bottom of my foot, I jumped up and yiped. Looked down and saw it it on the ground. We have tan wood floors so it was really hard to see. I then fly swatted it to death. Well the sting area hurts and itches I washed it down and have it iced. This is the first time iv ever been stung by a scorpion and I have lived in arizona all my life, im 26, id actually prefer this to a bee sting. My worthless cat was sitting 3 feet from it and never even acted like it saw it! There is a crystalized powder type rock you can put around your house to keep scorpions away. Works well.
- —Guest NoBiggie
Three times a charm
- I just got my third scorpion sting. This one got me while I was asleep in bed. I found the little sucker and sent him to his great reward. In the mean time I was not too concerned as I have been nailed twice before. The pain is intense but if you put ice on right away it helps a lot. It has been 10 hours since I was stung and the pain is still bad. On the first two the pain was not as intense and my skin felt like there was something crawing on it. This one was a bit diffent, not as much crawling skin but more pain. I did not have any other symptoms so I didn't bother going to a doctor.
- —Guest Pablo
- I just got stung by a HUGE scorpion. Raised here most of my life, i am 45 and never been stung! I had just finished a workout at the club and I don't know if the critter came from there, or was tucked away in my jeans the whole time waiting. I had just changed and arrived back home, went to let my dogs outside and all of a sudden an incredible wrenching pain, burning and stinging, manifested on my right calve. I rolled up my jeans and a 3 inch scorpion fell out. It was light yellow colored and rather fat as well. I don't know exactly what kind it is. We killed it and flushed it. Called poison control and now am following their directions. How weird was that!! crawled up my jeans! Creepy. I am thankful that it did not get one of my kids, especially my preschooler. It's only been about 40 min. and so far I am breathing okay ! lol but OUCH!!!! My whole leg is in tooo much pain!
- —Guest kim
- A night ago I got stung by a bark scorpian while scooting up to my des the pain was unbearable once I saw it was a scorpian the pain went away (because of how scaerd I was) I started shaking bad and my mucles were twitching and the pain came back so I got to knives cut the stinger off and stabed it in its head and then flushed it down the toilet then I got my mom and told her what happen she started freaking out but a couple of days later I'm fine but my foot still herts once in a while and I don't want to get stung again
- —Guest Brentt