Craigs List Horror Story
- I posted on Craigs List--and had my email account and phone number hijacked by someone selling automobiles and boats in Texas. I received phone calls from hotels for room reservations and clients wanting to buy cars on my cellular number which were not my posts. When I used the complaint lines to report this the result was they closed my account to me and accused me of being the scammer. There is no customer service line you can try to straighten this out and the scammers send you emails threatening to kick you off Craigs List if you do not respond to their email links to confirm your account. Scared to use Craigs List ever again--and it is still not straightened out. There needs to be an investigation of these people.
- Tried two times to rent a room in my home. Got an immediate notice that my ad contained unacceptable words, which it did not. Put add up again, all I got were scam responses (14) from some person in different countries in Europe who were "moving to the US. Never saw my ad on Craigslist. Will never use it again.
- —Guest Jim Lally
- Not posted as promised---this has happened several times. Please tell me why? Isn't it fair for all?
- —Guest tony binstock
Unexpected at times, but happy ending
- Well I have used Craigslist several times. I looked at buying some items and also looked at jobs. I used it also for the personals. Found a thing some guy posted about a friend and also met a few people. Had some good and bad. But last time I used the personals I had no intention of getting serious with anyone. Just posted to get back out and dating. But actually ended up meeting the love of my life and are engaged to be married. So even thru all the bad I got a pretty good deal. :)
- —Guest Lucky
- I was a first time user and was almost scammed by a "buyer" He wanted to use money order and I reluctantley agreed. Then he pulled the "I sent the wrong one and it was too much, can you send back the remaining in a new money order?" He was so worried and sounded so genuine that I send him his remaining back. I new then he was trying to scam me. I called him out and he has since never responded. He was using the name Jason Bennett. It is so sad to think that people actually get away with it. I have yet to sell the skis. I have reposted it and my picture keeps disappearing and I have to reload a picture each time. It gets frustrating.
- —Guest Kaylon
not sure if resume got to job poster
- I am questioning whether my resume has been recieved by employers posting on Craigs list...I question that because I posted something and replied to myself...never got the email..that someone had responded...did I miss out on 30 or more job opportunities? That would be a shame.
- —Guest Terry
- I can't understand why some people answer your ad with "Do you still have the such-and-such?" and when you answer "yes" then they never contact you again. What's the point of the first email? I did, however, sell my fridge and dishwasher through Craigslist. I rented a storage locker and sold them from there. I don't want people at my house, you never know what they might do, or come back and do. I'll use Craigslist again.
- Rented my apt from a Craigslisting, good - bought a printer that was a rip-off, bad.
Craig's List is Great!!!
- Have sold thousands of dollars in tools and bought same in musical instruments etc. no problems at all. Great Site!!! Just be smart!
- —Guest Dave C.
only two experiences, but both were good
- We bought our bikes and child trailer the same weekend from Craig's list. I think that both the sellers and us thought it was convenient and a good experience. Other people have told of weird experiences, though, like a potential buyer coming to their home wearing a pistol and not an off duty police officer.
- —Guest rand
Craigs List Groupee
- I am always looking for stuff on craig's list. I've bought and sold items on the list. I've hired an excellent mover from the list. I check every day
- —Guest Philly CB
Daily User of Craigslist Phoenix!
- I can only say good things about Craigslist and I'm very grateful to have this FREE service to use! I sell 1 to 3 items per week using Craigslist and if I had to pay for each posting, I couldn't afford it! With Craigslist, I'm able to sell items around the house for extra cash & it doesn't cost me anything! You do have to be careful of scammer's of course but all it takes to keep one safe is just using a little common sense! Read the warnings that you see on most every page of Craiglist and follow that advice!!!! It's that simple, really!
- I have several times to get a hold of people on craigs list free and not getting no responce i dont get it if any one post on craigs list free at least ans. thank you.
- —Guest Brian
life stock tank
- we posted on craigs list on tuesday of last week and it was sold on saturday thank you very much
- —Guest Brian
- It went well the person involved with the deal kind and a good guy thank you
- —Guest Brian