- It went well the person involved with the deal kind and a good guy thank you
- —Guest Brian
I had great success with craiglist.
- I hired my staff from craiglist, the last two roomates I found on craglist. I buy and sell on craigslist all the time. Thankyou Craig for craigslist.
- —Guest devine
Used CraigsList Phx
- I advertised kittens from the ferral cat I managed to catch. Adopted out two kittens to one family which pleased me as they will have each other. The adopting family emailed me back to tell me how they were doing, which I greatly appreciated.
- —Guest Bobbie Peachey
Craigslist is a tool
- A tool and little more, Craigslist requires the user to be smart when conducting transactions. I personally renting a house off of Craigslist and bought a good truck. Both transactions went smoothly, although the truck died as soon as we got it home (water in the fuel tank...) However, don't think that Craigslist is completely unbiased in what they allow on their website. What I mean by this is that Firearms are not allowed on Craigslist, whilst at the same time they have an "adult services" section. I suppose that's what happens when you live in SF.
- —Guest Socrates
some good some bad
- my son exchanged some items he had for a bike the kid decided he wanted the bike back and brought several friends with him and made my son give the bike back and didn't give him all the stuff he traded I don't like people coming to my house I don't like them knowing where I live. Have bought and sold other things that went okay. Had another bad encounter with another lady that ripped me off on toys. It sure can be a gamble on what you buy just be careful and check over what you buy very carefully. As I said I have also purchased items I was very pleased with and at a good price. Use caution and listen to your gut instinct and always take someone else with you or have someone home besides yourself when doing transitions.
- —Guest blessed
No CL problems but I've gotten nervous
- I've never had a problem using Craigslist but I lately have been nervous about having someone come to my home, given that I'm a woman. So I either go to their place or meet in a neutral location. Also, I tell someone where I'm going and who I'm meeting.
Craigslist is GREAT, use common sence!
- The first time I heard about Craigslist was from a lady calling tech support to see if we can help her get her boat. Apparently she gave the guy a western union payment and didn't get her boat. I felt badly but there was nothing tech support of her Internet provider could do. I was from a small town so, I didn't use it before. Now that I'm in Phoenix, I use it often! My 1970 Volkswagen is listed there now! I've bought it there as well before I fixed it up! I also have bought a darkroom set up for photography, an old Nikon Camera set with 3 lenses to knock around instead of my out of production minolta Maxxum 7, I've given away a fridge that was in the condo I bought, it was gone in a day. I intend to continue using it! It's easy to get scammed, just do yourself a favor, protect your payment or your product by only accepting and giving secure funds. Don't be the desperate yacht lady, now she has no money or Yacht. Oh, last item I bought. Simpsons Pinball Machine.
- —Guest Will
I USE CRAIGSLIST PHOENIX
- Have sold numerous items for a fair price on Craiglist. All the people I have dealt with have been very nice, sweet people! None of the horror stories you hear about!
- Rented my apartment thru CraigsList Phoenix, got the furniture, bought a computer for my son. It's a great tool; my entire family uses it. Thanks!!
- —Guest camille
- For some time now, a fellow from CA has been trying to sell pianos by appearing to be from somewhere in the Valley. He uses bait-and-switch tactics, putting up a listing for a low price then trying to get you interested in something high priced. He cleverly implies untruths, if not making outright lies. He used to list his phone number, but we learned to recognize it or did a reverse lookup online. He now insists that people must email him with their phone number or he will not respond. If he'd been honest and said he was from CA, had pianos he'd be glad to deliver to the Valley, that would be one thing. But when he starts out with a lie--giving the location as in the Phoenix area, we can not trust anything else he might say. He's also not a legitimate dealer, just a salesman.
Two successes and one failure
- I've used the PHoenix Craigs list to purchase two items. One was a total sham, a total misrepresentation of what was really being sold, the second went ok. I also sold a months rental on our RV in Apache Junction last February to a couple from Minnesota. Worked our perfectly. But have to be really alert on items being sold. Lots of con artists out there.
- —Guest Dean
Good Exp. w/Craigs List
- Three years worth of selling items, plus a coule of purchases via Craig's List - All has been positive. Overall - be wise, take no risks and have someone else home for large ticket items.
- —Guest GILBERT AREA
- I've always said that you can find whatever you are looking for on Craigs List! I found my apartment, where I have been for four years, my bicycle, and my cats. I would recommend Craigs List, but also send out a buyer beware.
- —Guest dreamergirl
Sold on Craig's List
- I had a very good experience selling a pickup truck. It was only listed for a few days & the first person to call about it came and paid cash for it.
- Since moving to the valley form Oregon we have practicaly furnished our entire house from Craig's List. The dining set, patio furniture, Jeep, jet ski, Yard decor,living room sectional have all been C.L. items. I have even made a friend from an item I sold! Craig's List ia a first stop for us when searching for anything. The folks we've met have been very nice and all transactions have gone smoothly. I highly endorse this useful tool, but I do abide by their cautions so as not to have any issues.
Previous31-45 of 45